SOME COMMON HEALTH FACTS IN ELDERLY PEOPLE
- As people grow older, physiological changes occur as a natural part of ageing in their bodies.
- Physical changes in almost every organ due to ageing can occur and can affect the health and lifestyle of seniors.
- Important preventive action at home can improve seniors' safety and health.
- In older people, some diseases and conditions are becoming more prominent. Such as Arthritis, Kidney and bladder problems, Dementia, Alzheimer's disease, etc.
- A geriatric doctor, also known as a geriatrician, is a medical doctor specializing in diagnosing, treating, and preventing disease and disability in older adults.
- The elderly are recommended for a series of routine screening tests and preventive measures.
- A balanced diet and regular exercise are strongly associated with improved health outcomes for elderly.