IMPORTANT NUTRIENTS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR HEALTHEvery day, the human body needs a long list of nutrients. Healthy food gives you energy and strength as well as helps your body to combat the disease. There are 5 types of essential nutrients that your body needs. Healthy eating not only helps you live longer by preventing chronic illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity and cancer. That's what you need to know to eat well every day.
The list of essential nutrients our body needs in daily life and they are also known as macro nutrients.
1. ProteinProtein is considered the building block of life and is found in every body cell. Protein is made up of amino acids that are attached to one another in long chains. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissue. It is an important bone, muscle, cartilage, skin and blood building block. Best sources of proteins are meats, poultry and seafood, beans and peas, nuts, eggs and soy products.
2. Carbohydrates: also known as carbsCarbohydrates are the body's main source of energy. Our body breaks carbohydrates into glucose, which cells require to create energy. We can get the best source of carbohydrates from whole-wheat bread, bulgur (Dalia), barley, oatmeal, brown rice, and cornmeal.
3. Fats: Provide backup energyOur body uses fats for energy when carbohydrates are not available. To stay healthy, it is important to eat unsaturated fats in small amounts as part of a balanced diet. When eaten in large amounts, all fats, including healthy fats, can contribute to weight gain. Fat is higher in energy (kilo joules) than any other nutrient and therefore eating less fat, in general, is likely to help with weight loss. When buying products always check the labels and select the varieties that are lower in saturated and trans fats and higher in poly and monounsaturated fats. Fats come in both liquid and solid forms. But healthy fats are the liquid monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found in olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, nuts, seeds, and avocados, as well as fatty fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Limit foods high in unhealthy saturated fats (red meat, cheese, butter and ice cream) and trans fats (processed products containing partially hydrogenated oil), which increase your risk of disease.
4. Vitamins and mineralsThe main function of vitamins and minerals is to maintain optimum health. For numerous physiological functions that help you survive, you need vitamins and minerals. They’re essential for normal growth and development. For example, calcium and vitamin D are necessary for healthy bones, and B vitamins help support the nervous system. Sources of vitamins and minerals come in different types of food including fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and lean protein sources. It is important to eat a selection of colorful fruits and vegetables every day, and vary the types of proteins you eat.
5. WaterWater is the body's most important nutrient. You've probably heard that you can live for weeks without food but without water for days. It is involved in many of the vital functions of your body and it distributes other essential nutrients to your cells.
The essential nutrients are required our bodies' growth, maintenance, and repair. These nutrients are not found sufficiently in our bodies. Eating a variety of diet full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains is the best way to get all the above five mentioned essential nutrients sufficiently.